PDA

View Full Version : Chip report 8-6-11

JerkyJosh
08-06-2011, 10:41 PM
got out with my bro this morning before the storm. Pretty slow, some of the water temps were 80+ degrees. Boated three sm bass and one perch. fished the east side for most of the day. good luck tomoorw Tom.

walleyemaxx
08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi Josh,

Thanks for your report.

I guided a half day yesterday afternoon. Took two brothers out and did some hard fishing for Walleyes, but they were showing some tough love. We caught everything but. Fished the deep wood spots that had been producing but nothing happening there so I took them to some excellent weed areas that have produced thinking maybe the forage moved into the weeds. The Walleyes just weren't interested in what we were offering. The Brothers had GPS units along so they were able to punch in the spots we fished. They will be up for the week so I'm sure they'll catch Walleyes on those spots during the week.

We were using jigs and medium leeches. The bait shops say they can't get bigger leeches for the rest of the year. In the weeds we were throwing crankbaits. One weed area we jigged. Like I mentioned, everything but Walleyes. The weather was partly cloudy with a Good Walleye chop coming out of the North. The wind eventually died and was calm for the evening. The two guys I guided are good fisherman so I'm sure they'll enjoy success this week. Their first time on the Big Chip so they wanted to learn spots and methods for summer time Walleye. I showed them a lot of spots and marked up thier map with plenty of more spots to last them all week. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx