PDA

View Full Version : Chippewa Flowage WI. fishing report 8-3-2011

walleyemaxx
08-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Bill for a half day again yesterday. We caught a lot less fish but still had a fun time. The beauty of the Chippewa Flowage never dissappoints. We saw an Eagle swoop down and pick up his dinner real close to the boat and fly away with a nice size fish in his talons. I've seen that many times over the years and never get tired of it.

Ourselves, we caught mainly SM Bass of which all were released. We did catch one Walleye and a nice Perch and Bluegill for the knife. All fish again were caught on jigs and Leeches in the deeper wood. For the two days, Bill took home three nice bags of fillets.

The weather had changed from the previous two days. It was bright sunshine all day with not a cloud at all. Luckily there was a breeze to keep the heat bearable. A light North West wind blew most of the time. The air temps were in the 80's and the water temps were 77-78 degrees. Hope this helps anyone going to the Big Chip. If you are in need of a guide, email me or give me a call. We'll set up an exciting day for your time on the water.

Walleyemaxx