PDA

View Full Version : Bay De Noc Great Lakes Sportsfishermen Inc.

Capt. Keith Wils
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Can you all please help get the word out to some of our members that the mwc/ntc tournament needs help. I sent an email around and anyone is available to pitch in it will be greatly appeciated. I will be making calls to the board and others but please contact anyone willing to help. thank you

KELLY KING

POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC!

--- On Wed, 7/27/11, Vickie Micheau <vmicheau@up.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: Volunteers for NTC MWC
To: "KELLY K." <rainman66k@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 4:02 PM

Yikes - I'm not getting any calls except from Jim and he is set with fish cleaning. We need boat inspectors at each of the three launches. Thanks, again, for all your help.

Vickie

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:51 PM, KELLY K. <rainman66k@yahoo.com> wrote:

i sent the info out about help needed. i will make some phone calls and ask again. i've been telling them to contact you. jim bonifas has said he spoke to you about the fish cleaning. he has that all set to go. larry johnson said he would be able to help. i can't be there on saturday because i have a wedding that day. but i will be there friday in the morning and most likly on sunday. again, i will get the word out again.

KELLY KING

POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC!

--- On Wed, 7/27/11, Vickie Micheau <vmicheau@up.net> wrote:

Subject: Volunteers for NTC MWC
To: "KELLY K." <rainman66k@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 11:00 AM

Hi ~ just checking in to see if you've had any luck with recruiting volunteers for next weekend? The bass tournament for this upcoming weekend is going quite well and we are good with the volunteers we have. The NTC is another story...we desperately need help and Steve Masters is freaking out...told him not to worry, our friends in the club will come through. :)

Call me anytime with an update at home 428-9037, cell 399-0674 or work 786-2192.

Thanks for all you do to support the Bays!!!

Vickie

--
Vickie Micheau
Delta County Chamber of Commerce
230 Ludington Street
Escanaba, MI 49829
(906) 786-2192

The Bait Shop Guy
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
This is the email I got the other day, listing the types of volunteer work they need help with -

Contact: Steve Masters, Bays de Noc Convention and Visitor’s Bureau

Vickie Micheau, Delta County Chamber of Commerce
Sheila Krueger, Delta County Chamber of Commerce
906-786-2192 email info@deltami.org

Something Fishy is happening in Delta County and we need your help!

Delta County is throwing an event for over 500 participants from across the United States and we need you to help us help our community! The Delta County Commerce Center is currently seeking volunteers of any age for the Cabela’s National Team Championship Walleye and Masters Walleye Circuit tournaments August 5-7.

Cabela’s hosted their team championship in Delta County in 2004 and the tournament reeled in over 1.5 million dollars in economic impact.

We are angling for 70 volunteers to work in various positions with shifts from 2 – 3 hours

· In the morning from 6 am – 8 am at either the Gladstone Marina, Escanaba Marina or the North Shore Boat Launches

· In the afternoon 2:30 -4:30 at either the Gladstone Marina, Escanaba Marina or the North Shore Boat Launches

· In the afternoon 3pm – 6pm at the UP State Fair Grounds for the Weigh – In festivities

This is a great opportunity for organizations, groups, and individuals to help the community be a part of high profile event and help us welcome anglers from across the United States to Delta County.

Volunteers will receive an official Cabela’s hat and the communities’ gratitude!

If you or your organization can help, please call the Delta County Commerce Center at 906-786-2192 before July 29th and we will sign you up!

fishlessyooper
07-30-2011, 08:04 AM
I like to volunteer for events such as this walleye tournament. The only complaint that I have is that being a non-local; you get treated as though you don't exist at the event. Jeff

perch"n"eyes
08-02-2011, 04:28 PM
i can help out if needed 906-241-6256 Dave