PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Muskie fishing

The Frog caster
07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Hello all, I pounded the Mercer area lakes this past weekend for muskies throwing everything but the kitchen sink. Not a follow, strike, splash etc. etc. I do like the warm weather and sun, but I think it's just been to darn hot for so long, and we are in a summer doledrum regarding the muskie fishing. Also Mercer was busy with weekenders, lots of skiers, boaters and the like. We had a nice rain Saturday helping maintain water levels. I did manage to land a couple nice largemouths and a few small northerns. Anyhow............. did anyone have luck this past weekend ???? Best Regards, Larry

tallmark
07-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello all, I pounded the Mercer area lakes this past weekend for muskies throwing everything but the kitchen sink. Not a follow, strike, splash etc. etc. I do like the warm weather and sun, but I think it's just been to darn hot for so long, and we are in a summer doledrum regarding the muskie fishing. Also Mercer was busy with weekenders, lots of skiers, boaters and the like. We had a nice rain Saturday helping maintain water levels. I did manage to land a couple nice largemouths and a few small northerns. Anyhow............. did anyone have luck this past weekend ???? Best Regards, Larry

Out the weekend before and water at 84 degrees. Fish sleeping somewhere cuz I didn't see any. Partner did land a 33 further north on a Blk & Silver Blue Fox #5. It made me happy. Him too.

gdi
07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
I was up last week had one hit on top water, boated another about 38" and had a lazy follow from one on top water came in 3 times and wanted nothing to do with it. All fish were in shallow water.

Also hooked up with Andy Huffmaster for a few hours with my oldest grandkid who is 11. Andy did a great job with teaching him the fig 8 and all around info. We had 1 fish blow-up boat side and that was about it for the night but what a great time with Andy. He is a fountain of information and really good with the kids.

Thanks again Andy

Ken & Ty