PDA

View Full Version : Making my long awaited return to the T.F.F.!!!!!! Need some info!

NovaBasser
07-22-2011, 10:45 AM
It has been a few years since I've been able to make my way up to the T.F.F. since relocating to Virginia but I am looking forward to re-eastablishing this annual family vacation. I will be making my way up the 3rd week of August and there is nothing that I look forward to more than getting out on the water to the sound of the Loons with my father.

Since it's been close to 10 years, my memory has faded a bit and would like to ask you guys for some information. I will focusing most of my efforts on the smallies and wanted to ask about the water temps and color (Gin clear, or tanic?) so I can make a better educated lure color selection.

Any info/tips would greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DV17MAG
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Bass are every where we put 25 in the boat saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Caught them on everything from half crawlers under slip bobbers, crayfish crankbaits, mepps spinners, jigs with twister tails, and beetle spins. Found them on rock bars, weeds and wood. Water temps around 79. Water is stained can see bottom in 3-4 fow depending where you are wind, or rain. Don't ever really fish for bass but had my 7 year old niece out and an 18 inch smallie can sure put a big smile on that little face. Bass were all 12 to 20 inches. To me they are a pain in the butt while Musky or walleye fishing. We also managed some foot long perch, walleye up to 20inches, alot of bluegill and rockbass and a few pike. Hope this helps. Good luck

NovaBasser
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Its good to hear about the healthy population of bass in the waters! I completely understand about the pain one species will cause when your targeting another, I will usually only hook into a musky or pike when fishing for bass. If I'm fishing for Musky and Pike.....nothing HAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the information! Based on what you said I'm going to assume that soft plastics(Senkos, Craws) in "Green Pumpkin" will be productive and Craw-fish colored Cranks and spinner-baits with some chartreuse will also work.

If I'm way off the mark let me know! And thanks again! I feel like a kid the night before Christmas!