PDA

View Full Version : chautauqua bite

chefdave
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Any info on the bite at Chautauqua? Heading up next week. Looks like its still going to be hot weather

Ivan
07-21-2011, 11:19 AM
It's dead. I have never seen it so slow and I've been fishing Chautauqua pretty hard for the last 13 years. I have only fished Chautauqua once this season (last weekend) but we got skunked. Had one hit each day trolling but neither hooked up. I know several people that were up all of last week and have some friends that have been up there this week. Not much going on. Seems like you need to work pretty hard to maybe get 1 hit per day. Casting hasn't been good either. With that said, things could change any day and I certainly hope they do. Chautauqua has always been my favorite place to fish for muskies in the U.S.

Adam Andresky

Ivan
08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Chautauqua is still slow. Poor reports from most people I know that are fishing there. I did manage to redeem myself a bit this weekend. Got a 31 early Saturday and then searched the lake for something better. Nothing the rest of the day. Yesterday went back to what worked for the one fish the day before and boated 4 more. 37, 38, 38.5, and 40. Nothing big, but great compared to my first weekend at Chautauqua this year where we got skunked. If you can find a pattern, stick with it. A little difference in depth of lures seemed to make a big difference for us. It was also nice to have some wind and a little cloud cover. It remains to be seen if I am onto something or if it was a combination of better weather conditions (wind and clouds) and moon phase.
Good Luck
Adam A.