PDA

View Full Version : Spider Lake(Whispering Pines) Help???

fishin173
07-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Was hoping that someone could give me a little direction on fishing Spider.....coming up and staying on Spider in about 10 days and was looking for some action for my kids. Any species will work to keep them occuppied as well as for myself a little Walleye/Muskie hint or two would be great. We have never fished this lake although have been wanting to for a couple of years..heard it has some nice fish!! Any help would be greatly appreciated and we ALWAYS CPR !!! Thanks Much

spiderboy
07-14-2011, 09:56 PM
We've got a place on Spider and have fished it for years. There is some cabbage at the north end where the turtle river enters and again at the south west end where it departs - these areas can usually produce some panfish and are worth casting for muskie. There is a shallow point (Drs. Point) just before you enter the bay where the river leaves that is also a popular spot. Aside from the muskie and average sized panfish I suggest that you trailer your boat to other lakes in the area where you are likely to have more success. Spider contains lots of ideal structure but i would rate it a below average fishery.