PDA

View Full Version : July 13th report

Rob Manthei
07-13-2011, 06:32 AM
As our roller coaster weather continues, so does the consistancy of the bite. Mayflie hatches are over, and fish are going back to their normal summer patterns. Water temps are mid to upper 70's just about everywhere.

Walleyes are using weed edges, sandgrass, and mud right now. I've found fish as shallow as 8 to 9' on Big St. this past week. Wind blown wind edges are the best. Leeches and nightcrawlers set up on either a 1/16 oz Bait Rigs weedmaster or just a bullet weight, swivel, and plain hook work best. Slip bobbers with leeches are also working.
Pay attention to your tackle....GO LIGHT! 6lb test or 8 lb at the maximum....ML spinning rods...7' to 7'6" are the best for casting these light jigs and fragile live baits.

Muskies are reacting to weather changes...last Sunday was a prime example...during the weather front coming in, I witnessed 2 muskies getting caught, we boated 2, and talked to several other guys that boated fish all around the county during the morning...

Deep bars, weed edges, open water....you gotta fish it all...muskies are really keeping me on my toes this season...nothing seems to stay the same from day to day...

Weededges.....Topwaters, Suicks, Shallow Raiders,Bucktails(Cowgirls, Baitrigs 10 Mag 7)
Open Water....Bulldawgs, Deepraiders, and more Bulldawgs
Rocks.....Big blades(cowgirls, Preyfish Baitrigs #10's)

Will post some photos soon

Good Luck!!