PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Ace baits

Justin Gaudry
07-10-2011, 04:10 PM
It was a special treat to meet Jerry O, owner/maker of Ace Tandem spinner baits this past Saturday. Jerry was laying over in Morson at a friend's cabin for the day before heading over to Oak Island when I sold his friends some fishing license and got to talking about muskie fishing. I remarked that spinnerbaits had been providing some of the best action of the week and they said they had the owner of Ace Tandem spinnerbaits over at their place. I said I had heard of them, but hadn't seen them.

Next thing I know, Jerry calls and asks me if I'd like to take a look.

Well I bought 5-6 spinner baits and they did look like great baits. Silicon skirts, tandem blades with the big willow on the front. Long arms and a variety of weights and colours.

Now, I don't know for sure if it's was a 2 oz or 2.5 oz I put on last night, but let me tell you..it came through the weeds nice...thick stuff too. The fish seemed to like it as there was 3-4 northerns on it and a couple muskies following it on the first two spots I used it on. That was after a 46" pounded it in the first half of the first spot!

So thanks, Jerry!! That 46" is proof enough for me that they are a great bait.