PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-9-2011

walleyemaxx
07-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Had a great time guiding Josh and his brother Jamie to a limit of Walleyes yersterday. The Walleyes ranged from 14" to 19.5". It started out very slow. We were fishing some deeper sunken bogs with jigs and leeches and were only catching a few panfish. We finally connected on a Walleye but couldn't scrounge up another one out deep, so I took us o a favorite weed area and the Walleyes were in there thick. We caught a three man limit very quickly. Mixed in were a ton of Blugills and some Perch.

All the fish were caught on a jig and leech. The weather started out very windy with a strong south west wind. There was a very heavy overcast sky for most of the day with very warm temps. The wind died down and the sun popped out toward the late afternoon. That is when the Walleye fishing improved.

In the evening we casted crank baits over and around several weed beds and couldn't even get a bass or northern interested. All in all, it was a fun fishing trip and Josh and Jamie were able to learn a lot of spots. they brought along a hand held GPS unit so they were able to lock in all the new places I showed them. When I guide people, I encourage them to bring along a GPS unit. It helps in finding the good spots later when by themselves.

Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
07-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the guide trip Tom. My brother and I had a great time finding new fishing spots and learning some more history on this great lake. i would encourage anyone that is looking for some new spots or if they just want to catch some fish to give Tom a call. I look forward to fishing these new spots and increasing my walleye catch. Thanks again Tom