PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report

John Carlson
06-23-2011, 07:06 AM
This up and down weather is really screwing with the fishing, reports of Bass and Panfish sitting in 15 fow full of spawn are comming into the store. The surface temps of the water have been between 65 and 72 deg but as you go deeper the water is cold. I fished a small lake with a shallow ramp earlier this week and had to get wet loading the boat. That water was cold yet!!! A late mayfly hatch has also helped to make Walleye, Smallmouth and Panfish a challange to catch this week. Fishing is just going to get better as we move out of this part of the moon phase and closer to a new moon. If the weather straightens out I think that next week and the week of the 4th should be some lights out fishing. The walleye that are getting caught are on leeches and late in the day or early in the morning.

I took Bill and Mark out for a Smallmouth and Musky Combo trip on Monday, the Smallmouth action was off with us only boating a handfull of small males but the musky fishing was better. We boated 2 and saw 2 other fish in the couple of hours that we did throw for Musky, the fish that Mark caught was his pb. It was only 34" but still a personal best for him so congrats. The musky were following lazy, we finally started to get them to look at our baits when we downsized to Rizzo Wizz's and burnt them.

Attaching a pic of Client Mark releasing his Musky.