PDA

View Full Version : New Member

FraudDog
06-14-2011, 03:45 PM
A little introduction: My wife and I are originally from WI, I spent a lot of my youth in Park Falls living with my Grandmother, Uncle and Aunt who both worked at St. Croix. I spent 27 years in law enforcement in WI and my wife was a Juvenile Court Social Worker. When I retired I took a job with Sentry Insurance in Stevens Point and ended up in FL where I manage the eastern third of the country for the Special Investigation Unit and we also bred and showed championship English Setter dogs - hence the name FraudDog. While we love FL and fishing salt water this time of the year gets a bit toasty.. like 90 day and 80 night everyday, so we purchased a camper trailer and it is being moved to Joe Millers next week where we plan on spending our summers. This year maybe only a few weeks here and there, and next year after final retirement for the entire summer. Picked up a used 16 foot smoker craft with a 70 evenrude so I do not have to drag the salt boat back and forth. I plan on purchasing a Hot Spots map and a GPS for the boat, but if you see me out there looking totally lost and confused it would not be unusual. I loved fishing the THH in the 60s with my grandpa and uncle and we are looking forward to enjoying the flowage again.

Any hints, tips, comments, or concerns - please let me know - This will be some adventure!

Ron and Debbie Springer
Spring Hill FL -
Cell 920-915-43165

sureshot612
06-14-2011, 07:24 PM
WELCOME in your post you said the thh but i not much for spellin so with that can i get 20% off at st criox . like my wife says [ like you need another rod,or reel or shirt or sweatshirt] no just kidding so if you are talkin about the flowage things have changed a bit i am from outside chicago in the burbs . go up there every year a time or 2 or 3 or 4 .got a piece of land north of mercer.when i was growin up we stayed at a place down 70 before OXBO know we go to the flowage when we get up there we have to make the rounds from mercer to butternut and parkfalls so once again welcome and good to here from you SS612

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
06-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Ron and Debbie,

Welcome back to God's Country. Congrtulations on your retirement. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about the area since you were last here. If you see a maroon and tan Fischer pontoon boat with two red dogs on board, give a wave and we will stop by for a chat, but beware... our dogs think that they are pirates and will try to board you to see what treats you may have on your boat! LOL

Scott & Kathy