PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 2-12,13-2011

walleyemaxx
06-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi everyone,

On Sunday the 12th, I guided Bill agaain ,but this time a half day in the morning. The conditions were bad, 37 degrees, no wind, and to top it off, lots of bug casings in the water indicating a bug hatch had just occured that night. We fished hard hitting some of my best spots, but not much was happening. We had some real soft hits where the leech or crawler came back with puncture wounds. The Walleyes were just stopping the jig and would not commit to finishing the job. We still enjoyed good conversation and good scenery. The Big Chip is just good to be on.

On Monday the 13th, I guided Dan and his son Dave for a full day. The weather had changed, and so did the fishing. We caught our lake limit of 6 Walleyes. They ranged from 14" to the biggest at 191/2", 11 fat Perch all between 9"-11". And some Northerns and Small mouth Bass that we released. Dan and Dave also released two of the Walleyes and one Perch figuring they had enough fish for a couple of fish fry's.

The weather turned out better. Mostly sunny in the morning , turning cloudy by afternoon. The air temp was very warm in the 70's, and the water temp was right about 68-69 degrees. We caught every thing on jig and leeches in the morning and in the late afternoon swithed over to casting crankbaits. We caught the biggest Walleye on a crank bait. the south east wind was very mild in the morning becoming fairly stiff by afternoon providing a nice Walleye chop. I'm hoping the Walleyes are starting to come out of thier funk now. They are all fat, so they are eating well. Lots of natural forage that we have to compete with. Hope this report helps you on your Walleye fishing. See you on the water.

Walleyemaxx.