View Full Version : Coming up June 18-25

CincinnatiCrew
06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
We are staying at Tom McMahon's place on Lake Bastine. Looking forward to catching some of those football smallies and some nice Walleye up there. Have the mayflies hatched already? I've been looking through the forums and haven't seen anything about it. Sorry if I missed it. I see the weather has been cool up that way. Is it supposed to stay that way for a while?

St Croix Kid
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
it was 100 degrees on 6/6 and it's going to be 58 on 6/10. your guess is as good as mine.

ol'wildcat
06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Why would you come to the TFF when you already have the best "eye" fishing in the U.S.

Tom

CincinnatiCrew
06-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Well I've only joined a group that my grandfather and other guys in the family put together 20+ years ago to go fishing in WI. We never really focused on Eyes until we came over to the Flowage. We used to fish at the smaller Butternut Lake over by Eagle River. We didn't catch many Eyes there and primarily focused on Smallies. So really we come primarily for Smallies but Eyes have been good to us since we've come over to the Flowage. But yes I agree, Ohio has some great Walleye fishing. As a matter of fact, a buddy of mine just caught one up in the "big lake" that was just shy of 30". I'll have to post a pic of it once he sends it over to me.

CincinnatiCrew
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Here's a pic of his Walleye.

Hot Runr Guy
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Here's a pic of his Walleye.

is "Matt" in the witness protection program?????????

HRG

CincinnatiCrew
06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
is "Matt" in the witness protection program?????????

HRG

No but I wasn't sure how he'd react by me putting his pic online. So I just took his face off the pic. lol

ol'wildcat
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
That's what used to be plentiful in the TFF 30 years ago------- But if it's smallies that you want------ the TFF is a great lake to have fun catching them. Good fishing for you and friends. Save some for me, I'll be there over the 4th.

Tom.
Iowa.

CincinnatiCrew
06-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks Tom! Although even after 4 or so years of going up there, we're still trying to learn the lake and find some "hot spots". So we haven't exactly been slaying them up there. lol Any help from anyone would be appreciated. lol

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
06-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I saw one mayfly last Saturday, June 4th, and thought this was an omen of a hatch during the upcoming heat wave. I was out on the water the next day where we did the loop around Big Island and never saw a one, nor have any of our guests reported any.

They may be waiting for your arrival!! LOL

Have a safe drive to the Northwoods. Don't forget to wave when you see the pontoon with the two red dogs go by your cabin.

Megs
06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I saw one May Fly last Saturday, June 4th, and thought this was an omen of a hatch during the upcoming heat wave. I was out on the water the next day where we did the loop around Big Island and never saw a one, nor have any of our guests reported any.

Have a safe drive to the Northwoods. Don't forget to wave when you see the pontoon with the two red dogs go by your cabin.

I was up there the week before Memorial Day weekend and I saw a few on the Flowage, could count the number on 1 hand, but figured they had to be coming soon. Weird they haven't showed up yet...

-S

CincinnatiCrew
06-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I saw one mayfly last Saturday, June 4th, and thought this was an omen of a hatch during the upcoming heat wave. I was out on the water the next day where we did the loop around Big Island and never saw a one, nor have any of our guests reported any.

If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing you guys come by in recent years. We'll always wave at passing visitors or welcome you on camp to sit around and chat! Always nice to get to know the locals. Oh and I sure hope they don't wait on us to get there to hatch. That'd be our luck though!