PDA

View Full Version : Waukegan - Early June

Captain Rick Bentley
06-09-2011, 09:00 AM
In my last report I wrote about how our schools of Coho Salmon could remain in the area longer than is usually the case and that is indeed panning out.

Fishing remains very good in Waukegan waters and our catch consists mostly of Coho that are putting on weight quickly. Cold water remains in the area and that has held fish here.

We continue to catch a fair amount of Chinook (King) Salmon as well and Lake and Rainbow Trout (Steelhead) are being found in deeper water when we fish further offshore.

Weather and wind will likely play a large part in dictating how long the Coho will remain in the area and that is of course unpredictable when looking only more than a few days out. If you want to catch Coho, don't delay much longer.

Attached are some impressive racks of recent hauls for just about every day in June so far and in most cases many more fish remained in our cooler as my rack only holds 19 fish.

Illinois Free Fishing Weekend starts tomorrow, Friday, June 10 and runs through Monday, June 13. Anyone can fish without a license/salmon stamp and I have some availability for these days. Please give me a call to inquire.

Capt Rick