PDA

View Full Version : Ford River 6-3 report

The Bait Shop Guy
06-04-2011, 05:27 AM
A couple days of good south wind has the Ford River bite cranking again. My dad was out early in the day on Friday, and got a limit of fish that were 18 to 26 inches. He was running harnesses with chartreuse and firetiger blades. He "guided" for my buddy Bruce and I later in the evening. The wind was stronger by then, and we weren't able to keep our speed down slow enough. I decided to replace one of the crawler rigs with a firetiger Bomber Long-A. Hooked the first fish before I even put the box back in the tackle bag! "OK boys, time to make a change!" We switched all the rods over to Bombers, and Bruce and I had our two man limit in under an hour and a half.

Bite should be good through most of today, (Saturday, June 4th,) even with the Westerly winds. The water should remain good and dirty through at least the afternoon. Get out there if you can.

walichop
06-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey chris you might have to give up your SECRET SPOT I think they just about fished out the mouth of the ford.

DooFighter
06-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Nice...very nice!

DooFighter
06-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey chris you might have to give up your SECRET SPOT I think they just about fished out the mouth of the ford.

Without punctuation it's hard to know what you meant by that. You seem kinda bitter, though. Jealous? Perhaps if you're having trouble catching fish, stop in and talk with Chris, I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction :)

YooperTroll
06-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I can attest to Chris being very helpful--as well as a lot of people on this forum.

I have no one to blame but myself if I don't catch fish :D

tomjohn
06-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Ditto on that YooperTroll...The only person you can beat up for not catching fish is yourself.

tomjohn
06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I went out to an inland lake the other day that I do VERY well on for gills and only caught 3 fish. But I did have fun. Just being on the water is fun for me.

Frank S
06-04-2011, 10:57 PM
So far, I've been doing pretty good. But, the first time I don't, it is Chris's fault. I sure as heck am not going to blame myself, and I bought the crawlers at BayView, so, when the skunk is in the boat, it is Chris's fault. But today, Chris, you're off the hook. 9 nice ones on cranks (tipped with pieces of Chris's special guaranteed crawlers). Sticks and Snaps, go deep.

RudyG
06-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Chris' Crawlers are guaranteed to catch fish... or die trying. :p

The Bait Shop Guy
06-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Yet another case of somebody that contributes absolutely zero useful information on this site complaining about the people that do.

I've been giving good info for over 13 years on this site. I will continue to do so for as long as I possibly can.

See you on the water.

tomjohn
06-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Jealous...pure jealousy. I have learned to shrug that stuff off and am a better man for it.

schmutzomatic 5000
06-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey Chris, You causin trouble again? Seems like every year you take crap for giving honest reports. You should know better than that..lol Damned if ya do...Damned if ya don't.. I appreciate everything you do and hell yea, If I see that Yar-Craft around I know you are putting your time in to find where the bite is on.. I guess you have been cursed with being a good sportsman. That is why I will stop by the shop even when I don't need anything. Keep up the good work bro and screw the haters....

walichop
06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Chris you can tell people your catching fish and put all the pictures you want. But you do not have to tell people exactly where you are fishing and your program! I thought it was called fishing where people went out and tried to figure out how to catch them on their own? If you call what you are doing helpful for the fishery, I will disagree. No I don't put posts on here and tell people where I am catching my fish,but I DO donate alot of my time and money into the Baysdenoc fishery, so please don't say that I do not give anything back. Think about what you are doing,why are you the only one?
Go fishing and figure it out, thats what most of us do. You did this same crap last year! See you at the club meeting.
Cheers
Neil Armatti
250-4752

YooperTroll
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Chris you can tell people your catching fish and put all the pictures you want. But you do not have to tell people exactly where you are fishing and your program! I thought it was called fishing where people went out and tried to figure out how to catch them on their own? If you call what you are doing helpful for the fishery, I will disagree. No I don't put posts on here and tell people where I am catching my fish,but I DO donate alot of my time and money into the Baysdenoc fishery, so please don't say that I do not give anything back. Think about what you are doing,why are you the only one?
Go fishing and figure it out, thats what most of us do. You did this same crap last year! See you at the club meeting.
Cheers
Neil Armatti
250-4752

You can't be serious.

I hope Chris reads this, sniffs the bait, and just swims away.

The Bait Shop Guy
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Chris you can tell people your catching fish and put all the pictures you want. But you do not have to tell people exactly where you are fishing and your program!

Wow...just wow! I guess my idea of what makes a good fishing report site, and yours, are completely different. I'm here to help people catch fish. Fishing reports without some of the hows, whys, and wheres don't do that.

No I don't put posts on here and tell people where I am catching my fish,but I DO donate alot of my time and money into the Baysdenoc fishery, so please don't say that I do not give anything back.

Never said you don't give anything back to the fishery, just not to this site.

Neither one of us is going to change the others views on things, so no point in bickering about it anymore. You can do things your way, and I'll do them mine.

Have a nice day.