PDA

View Full Version : New pictures

BlueRanger
05-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Went up Tuesday night. Smallies were slow, and I worked hard for about 50 mainly small-medium fish in 3-1/2 days of fishing, mostly on a jig and Gulp minnow. I did have good walleye action a couple of evenings, with some nice 18-21" fish ending up in the frying pan. Water temps were in the upper 50s, except for Friday when surface temps reached 61-65 depending on location and action picked up a little with a few larger fish moving in. Things really slowed down later in the day, and water temps were back below 60 by Saturday morning and the smallies were still being difficult, so I pulled out before the rain started and headed home.

Posted a new album, mostly wildlife shots. First time out with a new, longer telephoto zoom lens I bought last week, and I was quite pleased with the results. Snapped a couple of Andrew and his fishing buddy Jacob, they drove over from Minocqua on Thursday.

Heading back up in a few days. Looks like much of the week will be sunny, so the smallmouth action is likely to be very good for Memorial Day weekend.

LundAngler
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Some very cool shots!