PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5-14-11

JerkyJosh
05-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Cold and windy. Fished a lot of different spots today and was finding fish in new spots that i came across but had a hard time getting a bite. My brother caught two northerns (small ones) on minnows drifting and i was trying a worm to mix things up a little. had a couple bites but they just took all the part of the worm that was dangling. Was trying this new hook from mustad called slow death and it is designed for worms to make them spiral and it actual did. Water temp was 52-53 degrees. Fished from 4 fow to 25 fow. Going to try the east side in the morning.

walleyemaxx
05-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your report Josh. The fishing was slow for the most part. I actually caught 3 small Walleyes, about 11"ers. Nothing to brag about, but at least I saw some small ones. Also caught Perch. Most were small, but one was bigger then the Walleyes. You're right about the cold and wind Josh. it was hard to maintain boat control in most places I wanted to fish. Caught all the fish on jig and minnows. The leeches still are not producing for me, but I always have them along. The slip bobber didn't produce either. I was thinking with all the wave action, that it would be good for a slip bobber bite. Good old stand by jig and minnow combo is all that worked for me.

I'll be guiding this afternoon. Two good fishermen want to catch Walleyes on crank baits. Should be a fun time. We'll run and gun. With the water temps still on the chilly side, we'll have to work cranks with a more subtle action. Still work them quicker than jigging, but still a little slower than summer time. I'll be reporting about that tommorow. It'll be a late night tonight.
Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx