PDA

View Full Version : chip flowage june 19 - 26

gemlover
05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi TY

Last summer we came up to the chip, we stayed at daggetts resort.
had a great time up there. so this summer we are back at daggetts again june 19 - 26. we got fish last summer but could not buy a walleye...
we fished the entire west side with no luck at all.
can anyone give me some areas that hold walleye on the west side.
I did ask danny about the walleye but got no real help.
Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

ChipVet
05-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Should be a good weed bite, try edge of weeds where deep water comes to them in around 8 feet of water. A slip bobber and leech should be good and is easy fishing; keep moving to different spots. Casting will also work with various lures or baits. Do not stay in one place more than 15 minutes. Fish will go to shallow weeds at this time of year. Sometimes the edge of small bogs with the same conditions are also good. There are many spots on the west side that have these features; it just take a little looking. Good Luck

Ty Sennett
05-12-2011, 11:35 AM
ChipVet had some good shallow water pointers. If you want to try some deep water stuff, try some sunken bogs out in the 16 to 25 foot range. They have plenty of stucture to hold fish. Basically use your sonar to find them. Most of them are in the Bananna Ilsand area.

gemlover
05-12-2011, 05:37 PM
we tried everywhere. muskie bay around the corner from daggets.
we were in chicago bay by the sunken island. the grassy area by daggetts.
tyner river channel. shallow and deep in the old river bed nuttin for walleye.
even tried the shore line righ across from pats landing not even a pike there.
i am so puzzled with the walleye. just dont know what to say ty.
squaw bay was way to weedy to venture in so stayed at the mouth of it.

ChipVet
05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
This year will be different than last year; last year June was like July with the warm weather. Go futher east, try area that goes to crane lake by the big water not by crane itself. Also Scott lake has a good weed bite on the North ends of the lake. They will be there this year in June with cooler temps. Ty is correct on the deep bite but I have usually had better fish at this time on the shallow bite. Piece bogs are small bogs on the shores where deeper water comes to them and the leeches can stack up there on the roots thus the walleyes. When you find them it is usually a school of fish and catching them is fast. Keep moving; I have often fished numerous spots with nothing and then hit the place where the fish were.

gemlover
05-14-2011, 07:34 AM
just want to say thank you all for your advise.
you are so helpfull to the people who come up for a short period of time.
chip is a big body of water. i gander 80% of the water holds no fish.
your advise gives us short time people a chance.

thanx again to all

gemlover
05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
what are the better lures to try for eyes????

Ty Sennett
05-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Gemlover, the walleye bite right now is pretty crappy. I would kind of throw out what you learned and start over the next time you come up. We've been having a tough time getting walleye the last week and a half. Things will change with the warm weather finally here. The cold fronts just killed the walleye fishing. From what I've heard it's been tough all over the northern region.

gemlover
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
ok ty im not a real muskie man.....but i toss a bucktail a bit. any good areas
around daggetts for muskie????

Ty Sennett
05-25-2011, 09:34 AM
The tough part of fishing the flowage and for me the fun part is that every year the spots are different because it is a flowage. This year is totally different than last year because of water levels and the fact that we had a cold cloudy spring. Try shallow spots this year in that Daggett's area and branch out from there. I can tell you that the spots we caught fish on last year will without a doubt "not" hold fish this year. Just try a lot of different things until you find them basically. I don't know where they are to start the year. That's one reason I never guide on the opener. It's going to take me at least a few days to figure things out.

gemlover
05-27-2011, 05:58 AM
hey ty.....
when im up in june we will stop by treelands and look for ya.
luv to meet ya and get ya a cocktail for all your advise.
when you mostly there?????

Ty Sennett
05-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Hard saying. I'll be on the water guiding every day. More than half the time I launch out of Treelands so it's a good chance you'll find my rig going in or out of their boat launch.

See you this summer,

gemlover
06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
lol ty thats easy for you to say you know what your doin.
im a rookie and im polish to boot
what chance do i have lollollol.