PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 5-8-11

Justin Mullins
05-08-2011, 06:02 AM
So far we have 2 days out of 10 that my rain gear hasn't been on for at least 30min!!!!! Unbelievable weather this spring as the lake hit a new record high 29.6 feet above summer pool. They have been pulling the max they can now for about 3 days it has fallen about 6"-8" over the last couple days. As of right now we have floaters out there I haven't seen anything you can't run over little sticks. Water clarity is getting better everyday on both ends which is nice now there is more than a couple spots to fish. The fishing has been pretty good for the most part with action daily it's just a little tough fishing the bushes. The thing I noticed yesterday was the closer I fish the bushes to where the water would be a summer pool seem to hold fish. You still have to have shallow water but the closer to the back of creek at summer pool was better for me. Baits choice 1oz spinnerbaits, Little Medussa, Hell Hound, Cowgirls have all produced for me. Remember fish stuff that doesn't have a lot of water in behind the bushes shallow water! If you find a turn in the flooded bushes make sure you fish it hard! Water temps are 58-61 depending on where you are. We have some great combo deals make sure you stop in and check them out! Good Luck and see you on the pond!

DaveWW00
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
A few of us were planning on heading down for Memorial Day weekend to do some musky fishing. I havent had any luck getting through to somebody at Twin Knobs Campground and I was wondering if you heard anything about whether it will be open by Memorial Day or not?

Justin Mullins
05-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Hi

I have no idea what the weather is for that time yet. Look up Morehead on weather.com and they have a extended forecast up to about 20 days on there.

With the water situation right now that should be some really good fishing!