PDA

View Full Version : Better days ahead on lake erie

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
04-29-2011, 09:58 AM
What a difference a couple days makes with a fishing trip. I have been planning a trip to fish Lake Erie with a bunch of friends and people for the past year. We all have meet thru Blonhaven Hunt Club on our first day on the lake we were on the water early heading north to the reef complex west of Davis Bessie Power Plant in two to three foot waves. On our first trolling pass the fun began with Walleyes being caught one after the other at a very fast pace. We ended the day with our three man limit in less than three hours. On our second day with waves calmer we made our way to an area between the inlands and found the fish catching to be a bit slower than the day before but the fish were much bigger. Our day ended with smiles on everyone’s faces every one of our four boats caught their limit of fish. Over nigh a cold front moved in blowing winds of thirty to forty nots shorted our first trip by a day and a half I received an invitation on the drive home to do a couple of days more fishing on Lake Erie with a Lake Erie guide aboard the Hit n Miss Charter boat with a couple of friends while still on the first trip that I meet thru Tommy Harris Custom Spinners we were leaving in a few days so I would make a quick return. Before we left the home base for our second trip the weatherman had predicted a window of a day and a half of good weather boy were they wrong! When we arrived we were greeted with sunshine for about an hour after that it turned cloudy cold and really windy. We were able to safely be on the water for three hours catching a couple of nice sized fish before the waves had built to unsafe levels four to five foot waves and Captain Roth suggested it was time we returned to safe harbor with the waves building by the minute. Take a look at his fishing and lodging services if your looking to do book your own fishing on erie it is a top notch. Our fish were caught suspended over deeper rock and mud mixed areas on a variety of crankbaits and spinners. With the current water temps in the lower to middle fourties the fishing is at least a month behind keeping those Walleyes should be accessable in the shallow western basin from Detroit town to Port Clinton OH. until way into July.