PDA

View Full Version : I've decided...

tomjohn
04-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I've decided to get the Garmin 78s GPS. I was wondering what kind of card to get for it. so I am asking the posters here what you use? I would like to here your pro's and con's on which card you use.

tomjohn

tomjohn
05-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for your input guys. Gezzzz...all the information I give on this site and I can't even get one reply back. Very nice.

YooperTroll
05-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't own the Garmin, but I just bought the Lakemaster card for my Humminbird. I haven't had it out yet on the water, but I asked a few questions and did some research during the buying phase and that card seemed the best bang for the buck.

I wish I knew more to help you out, as I'd gladly volunteer it if I did.

steve l
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I use a Lakemaster card in my Lowrance LMS unit and I've tried it in H2O unit as well. 1 foot contours, more accurate than my Nav card is(at least here in WI) and lower Green Bay. Awesome!

springfield
05-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I use the Lake master also, but I have to zoom in allot to get it accutrate but it still helps a ton. I have a hand held model.

DooFighter
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
My lakemaster is a few years old and contour lines are 3' increments. That seems fine to me, though.

crazyeyes
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Been using the Navionics cards for years. Couldn't tell you why I chose them over the Lakemaster. I think they were better (detail?).

One could easily get by with an older version of the navionics premium cards (oh five on up). For our purposes up here, they really haven't changed much through recent years.