PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 4-26-11

Justin Mullins
04-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Rain GO AWAY!!!!!! I have never seen it rain this much here. It seems everyday it storms.

With all the rain it seems the fishing isn't hurting any. The last several days fish have been moving on all sorts of lures and are shallow. It's official the lake has broke the record for being as high as it's ever been right now we are at 25 feet above summer pool which sounds like the fishing shouldn't be any good but like I said it hasn't affected it so far. With are temps reaching upper 50's these fish are moving in to spawn I have caught several big femals in last week loaded down with eggs so no doubt they are getting ready. The key is trying to find shallow water you want to look for spots that you can get to the bank or super shallow don't fish spots if they have a lot of water behind the trees you have to get shallow. The water clarity from the flats up to Beaver Creek is a little darker than the flats down toward the dam. Remember the main lake will hold merky water but that doesn't mean way back in the heads of these coves it will be merky. Usually after about a week or so the main creeks coming into the coves will be start being really clear so make sure you check those out and don't get discourged if you see the main lake merky. Go as far as you can is the key SUPER SHALLOW! Bait choices have been: Rattle Baits, Hell Hounds, 1oz Spinnerbaits, Little Medussa all of these have produced for well over a week now. Make sure you check out our BLUEGRASS FISHING RODS your fishing will never be the same once you use these! Stop in and check them out along with lures! Good Luck this week. See you on the pond!

Gary Falter
04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Justin - Thanks for the update on the Cave. I was thinking about bringing my boat to the Cave this Saturday. But I seem to remember there's a bass tournament this coming weekend. If so, are there many boats in the water for bass tourneys at Cave Run? I might decide to wait until the following Saturday if the lake and shallows will be taken over by bass anglers.

Justin Mullins
04-28-2011, 06:08 AM
This is a pretty big bass tournament going on however due to the water being up there is plenty of water for everybody you will not have any problems there. If you decide to come good luck fish shallow..

Gary Falter
05-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Justin - Didn't make to the Cave this past weekend. How were the conditions and fishing?

Justin Mullins
05-02-2011, 09:35 PM
The conditions wasn't bad. The water has finally became fishable on both ends so it has opened up a lot more spots. They started pulling water today so May and June are going be awesome!