PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming....right

Pete Stoltman
04-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Seems like old man winter just keeps hanging on. Ice is S..L..O..W..L..Y going away. Saw guys still ice fishing on Big Arbor Vitae yesterday. With some nicer days on the way along with some rain predictions things should start happening. Although why the rush? Can't fish for anything but pannies right now anyways. Just feeling a little more like spring when I can see some open water.

Mark Benson
04-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Ahhh but Pete, there is a lot more open water to look at right now even if those guys are still stupid enough to stand or fall through the ice... I got to do an install yesterday and one of the guys on the job site said he had a friend who fell through in 9' of water on Minocqua this week and then... and then went to Big Arb and promptly fell through in 11' of water and luckily had some guys who helped get him out.

Back to the open water, Mid Lake on the Minocqua Chain opened last Sat./Sun. Towanda opened, Fawn is open south of Big St., The Pike/Round is open to the west of us, 1/2 of Trude lake was open just north of the Turtle Flambeau, which seems to be opening. I was on the west end of Big St. and there must have been 40 yards of open water there. Its close, real close, I need to get the decking in my boat back in and pronto!!!

Mark