PDA

View Full Version : Real concerned about the water level in Little Bay

snydergb
04-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Talked to the owner of Vagabond where we will be staying the last full week in May. He said he left part of his dock in all winter and there is only 8 inches deep out there and it is like that all the way to the drop off. with the boats we bring there is no way they can be docked there if it is that shallow. What are the odds the water level elevates properly in a little over a month?

DooFighter
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Better figure a plan B. Water is down a lot. Shoot it didn't snow more than 4" at one time, all winter. And that didn't happen much. Without a Noah style deluge I dont think it will be coming back that quick.

snydergb
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Well that just sucks. We have dealt with low water levels before but this sounds like a much bigger problem.

JBovay
04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Even with all the rain last summer, by late fall the levels were already dropping and then to have such a mild winter. Without a south wind it will be difficult at the boat launches and rocky areas. Every little bit counts, so pray for rain!

duckiller2
04-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I think it would help if they would stop sending the water thru Chicago and down the Mississippi. It is devaluing all of our properties and hurting the resorts and cost our economy a lot of money. Might be time for a class action lawsuit.

crazyeyes
04-17-2011, 08:51 PM
It is down, I'd like to see what kind of water a good south wind over a couple of days would blow back in...and I know it isn't much but the rivers and streams are still flowing pretty good...

wyldstallion906
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I think it would help if they would stop sending the water thru Chicago and down the Mississippi. It is devaluing all of our properties and hurting the resorts and cost our economy a lot of money. Might be time for a class action lawsuit.

dont forget about the water that is getting sucked out of lake huron on that side too. it all leads to us having one big ole beach eventually

jigginfins
04-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Once all of the run off is done, and we get the prevailing south winds, water will probably come up 6-8 more inches for the summer. Im hoping in my unprofessional hypothesis.

Our group is seeing this over on Big Bay too, kinda sucks.

Hoosier
04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I live in NW In. and i get my local news out of chicago. they are saying down here the water level is over 2' below where it should be. Thats not good for any of the great lakes! some of the launches have to be dredged just so they can open it to collect the launch fees.

grubworm
04-20-2011, 02:34 AM
My theory on why the water is so low is because of all the walleyes the Schwartz's have netted out of there. Only going to get worse because theyre back at it!!!

mudpuppy
04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Too many walleye taken has caused the water levels to go down?! Very intelligent theory.. Maybe we should throw some rocks and logs in the lake so it comes back up.

bottle_bass
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Better than rocks and logs, some swartz and jensens

river runner
05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Dang, we have been going to the vagabond for years with no problems.
Has anything changed lately ?

river runner
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Talked to Kathy at Vagabond, they put the main docks in and there is 4 FOW at the dock. Her neighbor launched a 19'er at hunters point and is docked. Sounds all good.

Big Tom
05-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Snowmelt is the vehicle for mother nature to replenish the
lakes and streams... Our major spring rain period is 40% past us already... Even a rainy summer will do little to bring water levels back... On shore winds bring a tad more water but the next offshore wind takes it away... no help there.
We no longer are a major shipping/commerce area to the Army Corps of Engineers so Lakes Erie, Huron and Ontario will always have normal/high levels.

Back to our wonderful leaders in Washington again...

snydergb
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Talked to Kathy at Vagabond, they put the main docks in and there is 4 FOW at the dock. Her neighbor launched a 19'er at hunters point and is docked. Sounds all good. Awesome. We will be there a week from tommorow. Looking forward to it.