PDA

View Full Version : Forum

tomjohn
04-10-2011, 12:26 PM
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages... Isn't that all we are doing here. Instead some of our threads get deleted! What rules were broken?

grant
04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
What happened to freedom of speech!!!!!!

The Bait Shop Guy
04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
The forum rules that you agree to follow before posting on this site are posted at the top of the page under "Forum rules." Specifically -

Posting Content

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, racist or otherwise volatile of any state or federal laws.

What happened to freedom of speech!!!!!!

This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Again, you agree to follow the rules before posting.

tomjohn
04-10-2011, 01:57 PM
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, racist or otherwise volatile of any state or federal laws.

Which one of these rules were broken? You keep posting the paragraph above but don't elaborate on which rule was broken. Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Several racist comments were posted.

RudyG
04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Its a shame that some people dont even realize when racist/ethnic remarks are being used/abused.

Thank You Chris for staying on top of this forum.

phisherman
04-11-2011, 05:45 AM
If racist comments were being used then delete those ... I wanted to see what you had to say in reply to my point that I made Chris (which was in no way racist) and instead you deleted the thread.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
If you want to know my take on things, then contact me directly. Your comment came across as a general statement that wasn't directed toward me, so I didn't reply. The whole subject tends to spiral out of control on here quickly, so that's why the entire thread was removed. That's not what this site is for.

phisherman
04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I understand that people have to use good judgement and be civil when posting on a forum. However, if this website is a forum on Bay de noc fishing it seems to me that the topic that is being deleted has to be permitted. If not the website and forum haven't any credibility.

YooperTroll
04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I have no problem with Chris deleting the thread. Overall, this site runs pretty well and Chris is pretty tolerant. And there is no such thing as "free speech" at a privately-run Internet site. Just like you can't do whatever you want in a store parking lot.

The rules here are the rules here. They work well.

Hell, you can get BANNED at the Michigan Sportsmen forums for mentioning the river you caught on a trout in.

We all need to back off and settle down. This is one of the better sites. Chris has explained himself clearly and with patience.

If you disagree, fine. But I don't see what it serves to keep going round-n-round about the thing you disagree about.

DooFighter
04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I see only one person posting here that wasnt a member last spring. Anyone who was here last spring or the one before that or the one before that, should know how that topic plays out.