PDA

View Full Version : Spring Hearings Coming Up

Pete Stoltman
04-07-2011, 12:16 AM
For all you Wisconsin residents, don't forget the annual spring hearings for proposed changes to fish and wildlife regulations is next Monday, April 11. This is your opportunity to voice your opinion and vote on the regulations that affect our sports.
Some of the proposals that we will be watching closely are:
Proposal to change the statewide musky size limit to 40".
Proposal to require quick-strike rigs on bait over 10".
If you have questions on these or other fisheries issues I strongly suggest you listen in to the RFRG Outdoors Radio show this weekend. Our guest Steve Gilbert DNR Fisheries Biologist will be able to field questions.

Pete Stoltman
04-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Good attendance at the Spring Hearings meeting tonight. Not too much in the way of controversial topics other than the expected same old retoric from the usual opponents of any progressive proposals. Judging from the general crowd reaction I'd guess that the proposals on higher musky size limits and quick strike rigs passed. I'd like to see the wording of a final regulation on quick strikes close the loophole that would still allow the fish killers to keep doing the same thing they've been doing for years. Fortunately there aren't too many of those guys left.