PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 2011 has begun

pgutmann
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Will be venturing out for the first time this weekend. Will probably take in some crappie action and make a few casts for some early season muskie. Just got to make sure the boat and other equipment is working and in top order for the upcoming season.

P.S. Do not forget your Chain stickers expire from 2010 on March 31!!!!

Ryan1015
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
I guess I jumped on here at the right time to ask a couple questions! I've only fished the fox chain once and was just curious if its under "no wake" right now cause of high water? My friend and I are talking about coming up Saturday morning to give it a shot. Also, does everyone who goes out on the water have to get a chain sticker or how does that work?

Oh yeah............any tips at all on targeting muskies out there this time of year? Not looking for specific details just trying to get a little info as I don't really know the water too well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pgutmann
04-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Ryan:

Chain is open at this point. Depending on weather and rainfall here and in SE Wisconsin will dictate whether the Chain goes to No Wake.

Yes, you do have to have a sticker to run on the Chain. You can get 1 day passes at about $15 or a season sticker which is about $80 (depends on length of boat and HP).

Might be best to give me a call at home some evening to catch up and talk muskies.

Phil G.

Ryan1015
04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reply Phil. We went out pretty much all day Saturday and didn't have any luck. Oh well, it was still good to get the boat back out! I'll get in touch with you pretty soon. Money is kind of tight right now but maybe we set something up for a day of fishing out there. Talk to ya soon!