PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 3-27-11

Justin Mullins
03-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Gosh is this weather stupid or what?? One day in shorts and T-shirt the next in under armor! This cold front has set in for a few days this is actually day 3 of it and looks like it's here until Wednesday. Our water temps have fallen a little bit due this also. We went from 53 down 49 these cool nights are the killers lows in the 20's. The lake is falling about 6" a day it's still above summer pool at 5 feet above now. The water color is getting better and better from the flats up to beaver creek the lower end has been clear. All the logs are gone so nothing to hit now. The fish have been in bushes with all the bait fish. With them pulling water it is pulling some bait fish out but still a lot of it in bushes along with the fish. Rattle Baits, Hell Hounds, Squirtkos have produced the most by far. Also don't rule out trolling in the creeks right now with some bait fish being pulled out it will spread the fish out and this is a good way to get them. Short line with Little Ernies, and Tuff Shads are the best. Good luck and stop in the shop make sure you check out our Rods they are great! See you on the pond

muskyhunterfishing
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
what colors are working the best.i will be down to the store this weekend.hope to see you there.

Justin Mullins
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Really there isn't a hot color.. Things have been moving on different colors it boils down to whatever is in their face..

Good luck this weekend thanks for taking time to stop in shop!!!

I won't be there I'll be on the pond..

Rattle Baits, Hell Hounds, Squirtkos are the tickets for me any how.. What I have been doing is if the water is clearer I throw whites, blacks.. If darker I throw org., chart..

Again thanks for taking time to stop at the shop!!