PDA

View Full Version : Canada recommendations

RossL
03-25-2011, 01:01 PM
I am thinking about doing a fishing trip to Canada this season. Does anyone have any lake/resort recommendations? There seems to be a million options. I have been looking at Lake Wabigoon/Dinorwic but would appreciate any recommendations based on past trips. We would plan on driving up and taking our own boat and would be fishing mainly for Muskie/Northerns with a little walleye and bass fishing also.

Thanks!

Ty Sennett
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
It's hard to beat Lake of the Woods if you plan on doing some multi-species fishing like you said. Great Muskie, Pike, walleye, and smallmouth fishery. I'm not sure on the largemouth bass though. Bill Sandy has a great place to stay and there are quite a few others that will meet your needs. Other than that, Steve Herbeck over at Andy Meyer's lodge is a cool place to go. That is on eagle lake. Great muskie and walleye. Not sure about the pike and bass. Maybe someone else will know.

Hacky
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I second Andy Meyers lodge, Herbeck is a great host, you can go after all the fish your looking for and lake trout.

Mexican Marauder
03-29-2011, 11:51 PM
bill sandy black hawk island is pretty nice with alot of fish big fish ! I have never seen that many muskies!!