PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report! 03/17/11.

Shane & Cathy
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S

Springtime? Maybe for this weekend but sounds like a change coming by the middle of next week. So this could be a good weekend to get out on the ice (maybe the last time) or below one of the area's dam (shore fishing) and give it a try.

Icefishing, Crappies! Thats right the Crappie bite is on and the hot lake is the Willow Flowage (Indian Bay) Big Crappies and good numbers too. Rosies or Wigglers is the bait of choice. Some anglers are using tip downs and some are using jig poles with micro light spring bobbers.
Large crowds of anglers are fishing this area so get out early.

Bluegills are up in the shallow bays now and the action is good, use small tear drops or rockers. Glow colors seem to be the best with waxies.

Pike on the Wis River system including Lake Mohawksin are in the back bays scouting out thier spawning grounds. Tip ups with large suckers for bait. Nice fish up to 38 inches.

Not much action below the dams yet, a few boats below the Prides Dam. The Wis/River Lake Mohawksin is still froze over but the channel is up just past the Hwy 51 bridge.

Bradley Dam, not much yet on the Perch.

Good Luck Anglers!
Shane
Trophy Fish Replicas
Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
Tomahawk, WI
715-453-5397

Mark Benson
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Shane & Cathy:

Just wondering, how the landing across the street from you is going to be in terms of accessibility this spring???

Also the channel is open going over the interstate 51, but how's it doing getting down by you at the business 51 area???

Thank you in advance!!!

Mark

03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
As of now the boat landing is still closed, I don't know if they are going to open it or not. The barges are still across the river in front of the shop, the river is starting to open around the bridge. Its a mess!

Dave
Tomahawk, WI

Mark Benson
03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks Dave, I'm sure it can't end soon enough!!! Keep a stiff upper lip!!! Hope to see you sometime soon for my shakedown cruise.

Mark