PDA

View Full Version : Last Call everyone!!!

slammer
03-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Well, today's the day. Last day for ol' marble eyes. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes knowing I'll have to wait till next ice.
Fished yesterday off the Terrace and set up in 34 ft of water off the drop before light. Marked fish right away and had a few lookers, and then sat there staring at the Vex till all I could see was red spots. Red spots everywhere. I had a bad case of Vex-Eye. Not much else happening out there other than I had a birds eye view of a beautiful sunrise.
Fished the northern bay in the afternoon with a couple friends and had a great evening bite. Set up by 4:30-5:00 and started marking fish right away and continued marking fish right until dark. My buddy limited out in no time while I was struggling. Lost a really nice fish on a tip up and then iced 3 nice fat keepers (all males) and also 1 nice northern. Caught 4 dinks also and missed lots of hits and lost a few half way up. Should of had my limit twice over. Gotta go for it tonight for the last hurrah. Ice conditions are great and the landings are getting a little sloppy and Muddy. Good luck out there!!!
Slammer!!!