PDA

View Full Version : Panfish Bite

John Carlson
03-14-2011, 07:46 AM
This looks like the week that we have all been waiting for. Warm temps on the way and the Panfish bite has been picking up. We had fresh fish last night after my son and I hit the ice and kept a mixed bag of crappie and perch. The crappie are starting to get active and are moving up in the water column. As the water starts running in the lake the fish will become more active and move even higher in the water column. Tip downs and Dead Sticks seem to be the ticket for us yesterday but then again they were getting hit so fast that we couldn't get back to our jigging rods. The bite seems te be best in the morning right now with a short run mid afternoon. Look for good all day action as the melt speeds up. Lets hope that the rain holds off, that may end our ice season a little early.

By the wat I see that there are a couple of shacks on the ice yet today. State law now says that you have to have it off by the Sunday before the 15th. I know that most people still have the 15th in their heads.

Good luck and enjoy the late ice.