PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Distributors

ttabaleulb
03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you guys have any recommendations for places other than Cabela's, Bass pro, etc... for Minn Kota trolling motors? I have not been able to find a place yet that sells the Terrova 55 w/ US2 with a 48 or 45" shaft length. For some reason, they are all the 54". Just curious if there is a lesser known company out there that might have a bigger selection. thanks.

Jay

Red Childress
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Jay,

I currently have a student teacher so "thank you" for the opportunity to do some research for you today.

Here is the dealer locater for Minn Kota. Just enter your zip and start hunting. I did a quick search for State College (250 mile radius) and there are several dozen stores that show up.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/search/wheretobuy.aspx

ttabaleulb
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
LOL Thanks Red, I greatly appreciate it. I might have stumbled upon a couple of on-line places to get one too. I'll make some calls the afternoon.

allegheny river kid
03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I just bought a new 55lb thrust V2 powerdrive off ebay. I ordered it sunday and it was waiting at home for me today. Free shipping and no sales tax.

ttabaleulb
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
LOL What was the length of that 55 V2 powerdrive if you don't mind me asking?? I'm just curious cause I called A LOT of places to find someone who had stock of the 48 and 45" length of the Terrova 55 with just the US2. I believe I found it using trollingmotors.net but we'll see. I placed an order but have a sinking suspicion that they won't have it in stock. LOL

I'm glad to hear that you seemed to have an easy time finding what you were looking for. I figured I'd have the same deal. For some reason, they are pushing the 54" length big time. They don't even offer the i-pilot pre-installed on any of the other lengths of the Terrova 55 at this time.

SportJet120
03-11-2011, 12:36 AM
LOL What was the length of that 55 V2 powerdrive if you don't mind me asking?? I'm just curious cause I called A LOT of places to find someone who had stock of the 48 and 45" length of the Terrova 55 with just the US2. I believe I found it using trollingmotors.net but we'll see. I placed an order but have a sinking suspicion that they won't have it in stock. LOL

I'm glad to hear that you seemed to have an easy time finding what you were looking for. I figured I'd have the same deal. For some reason, they are pushing the 54" length big time. They don't even offer the i-pilot pre-installed on any of the other lengths of the Terrova 55 at this time.
You are correct. The shortest the Terrova comes in with i-Pilot is 54". A Terrova 55/US2 or 55/AP is available in a 48" you would have to install i pilot as an accessory. The PowerDrive V2 55/i-Pilot is available with a 48" shaft or you can add i-Pilot as an accessory to the PowerDrive V2 55/AP or US2. If the shaft is too long for your boat a Minn Kota dealer will shorten for you for $40 and this will not void the warranty if they do it. I belive this is what you want...

[url]http://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/20842/Minn-Kota-PowerDrive-V2-Series-Trolling-Motors.html?cid=15773&chid=160 free shipping no tax.

allegheny river kid
03-11-2011, 04:42 AM
The length is the 48" model on the V2 i got.

Ivan
03-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I have the opposite problem. We need about a 70" shaft for our boat. We have a 60" and it isn't enough. Might have to call MinnKota to get them to custom make a longer shaft for us.

ttabaleulb
03-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys. I ended up ordering the Terrova 55 US2 48" with the i-pilot accessory. That site offered free shipping also. None of that stuff is cheap but if it really works how they claim it does, I can't even imagine how sweet its gonna be to have that thing on my boat.

Thats great to know about Minn Kota making adjustments to the length too. Now I just gotta get a hold of this thing and get it installed and get my butt on the water!!

ttabaleulb
03-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Well, got the TM installed (had a local boat shop do it) over the weekend and got to test it out a little today. I didn't get to do a whole lot with the i-Pilot yet, but having a hand held control is fantastic!!! Its pretty cool to see the speed listed on the handheld controller too. I don't know how many times I caught myself starting to lean down to grab the tiller handle when I wanted to change it up only to realize I just had to push a button!! LOL

I flyfished for a couple of hours and didn't really have any issues with line getting caught on the new setup. I think I should be ready to hit it hard this year and give those toothy critters a run for their money!! I'll post a pic of the setup as soon as I have one.