PDA

View Full Version : 2-27 and 2-28 report

The Bait Shop Guy
02-28-2011, 10:34 PM
I headed out off the Gladstone harbor Sunday for the first time since last Wednesday. Marked decent numbers of fish, but they seemed "a little off." I did have 5 fish take a swipe at various jigs, but couldn't get the hooks into them. Ended up landing one undersized walleye on a #9 Glow Hot Perch Rap.

Went out again this evening, and the bite was much better. I got out before 5 to prep the shack so that it would be all ready for Diane to finally make a trip out on the ice, (nice to finally have enough daylight to get out fishing for a little bit after closing the shop in the evening.) Between 5 and 5:30, I marked a bunch of fish, and caught three. One was short, one was 16 inches, and the third went 19 inches. Also missed a couple fish. With the bright clear skies, I decided to go with a natural looking bait. A #9 Glow Yellow Perch Rap took all the fish before I picked up Diane at the access.

I told her that the fish were hot, and we were going to have a blast at prime time. Well, the fish had other plans. We still marked lots of fish, but we were only able to catch one more 15 1/2 incher the rest of the evening, (I got that one on a #9 GHP Rap.) Diane did have three bites on a #2 Shell Bell Shiver Minnow, but wasn't able to connect. Better luck next time, girlie.

Here are a couple pics from tonight showing the baits we were using.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Much tougher bite tonight. Marked the fewest fish I've seen in the last 8 trips. Fish I did mark were very sluggish. Only one I caught was an undersized fish on a Shiver Minnow. Seemed like there was very little current tonight, so I'm using that as my excuse for the poor fishing;)

YooperTroll
03-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Much tougher bite tonight. Marked the fewest fish I've seen in the last 8 trips. Fish I did mark were very sluggish. Only one I caught was an undersized fish on a Shiver Minnow. Seemed like there was very little current tonight, so I'm using that as my excuse for the poor fishing;)

Welcome to our world, Chris. I thought you were too good to have to join us :D

BiG ARN
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Gotta get a liitle bad mixed in with all that good! LoL. I know the feeling too well......makes ya appreciate the good days fishing! Better luck next time....or the time or three after that time. That's why you can still call it fishing instead of catching.

The Bait Shop Guy
03-02-2011, 11:32 AM
That's fishing. I've spent more than enough time on the water to know that they don't bite every trip. Talked to couple people that were out there last night, and nobody caught any walleyes. As long as I outfish somebody, I'm happy, (even if it was an undersized fish :D )