PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 2-26-10

Justin Mullins
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Yesterday I fished from 1 til 6 and never saw a fish. Today we caught 3 shorty's with no more follows. Hopefully tomorrow something better happens. The water has a dinge to it everywhere. From flats on up to Beaver is the most colored. Everything is stll fine to fish except past Scidmore. Pretty muddy past that point but everything in beaver creek is alright. Water temps in the lower end are 41-43 in beaver creek it's 43-45. I still see a lot of bait holding out in the deep stuff but bait fish are moving in. The lake has jumped up about 3 feet still about a foot and half below summer pool. The river was good up a little ways past Charity Branch too. Remember this time of year you have to fish everything start at mouth of coves and fish all the way down the banks they will hold on these banks and move down as things warm up. Try to fish sunshine spots something that gets a lot of sunshine most of the day. Scotts, Alfrey, Claylick ramps are all in good shape too. Today's action was 2 Jerkbait fish (sledge) and 1 Rattle Bait. Tomorrow looks like it's going to be warm in the 60's and tonight is only getting in mid 40's. This time of year watch the lows days still short and that can kill warm up! Good Luck

Justin Mullins
02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm including this in my report for yesterday too. Things changed a little bit today. Yesterday I mentioned the water was muddy past Skidmore in Beaver Creek but today it had moved down between Skidmore and Leatherwood. The rest of beaver is ok a little dingy but really fishable. The water temps didn't change up there from yesterday some spots actually warmed a degree. The main lake is dingy from the east side of flats up which was yesterday to but just a little darker than yesterday. Main lake is also fishable but from Claylick up it's getting pretty dark with the darker water moving down. The river is getting darker to with it moving down it. There is some floating debree out there too. Nothing big but pay attention out there. Also the lake looks like it rose some more I can't say for sure but if it's not at summer pool in within inches. It has rose 6 feet this week. Rest of week looks good with temps in the 50's and nights in 40's so water temp shouldn't go anywhere. The main lake temps didn't move from yesterday either. Good luck and see you on the pond...