PDA

View Full Version : Whats new for you this year 2011

tomn
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I sold my 1999 ranger and upgraded to a 2009 ranger

Justin Gaudry
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Tom,

I'm excited to see the new-to-you Ranger. It seems like you had that '99 for longer than you did, but you bought that used too right?

I did order a new custom rod from TB on my trip..I guess I can let the cat out of the bag. For those of you that thought my 9 foot rod was long enough, I'll have 9'6" stick to fling baits out there this year. I went with an XH power this time to stiffen it up a little and make the figure 8s at boatside a little faster and more powerful without loading the rod as much. The 9 foot will be great for topwater, spinner baits etc. The 9-6 will be mostly for big blades, which is what I throw most of the time during casting season anyway.

I don't think I'll come back with anything significant from the expo in April, but you never say never at a place like that. HA!

tomn
02-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I think i got it in 02. How was the sport show over the weekend. Get any new lures to throw with your new rod you got coming. Be carefull going thru doors with that. Still got alot of snow up there.

Eastwind
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I traded off my 1998 Crestliner 1850 for a new, non current 2009 Alumacraft Tournament 1850. As I just picked up the boat in early November, it has never been in the water as of yet. As soon as the garage warms up a little, I need to get it rigged, bow mount, sonar/GPS unit, on board charger, etc. Kept my 2005 trailer, 2002 Optimax 150, bow mount, etc. Have so far avoided the "Can't wait to get out in the new boat" syndrome so far, as it would have been a very very long Winter if I had not done so. I think the abiltity to do so comes with age. Advantage to the old guys, eh? ;-)

Justin Gaudry
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I will have to post some pictures for your new rides guys. Im not sure i saved the ones you sent me of the new boat, Eastie.

Thanks for the advice, Tom. I had trouble keeping from banging the tips when I went to 8 footers a few years back!

I might have to get a friend with a suburban to pic up the darn thing and haul it up in his boat!

I'm still guessing it will fit in my side rod locker, but I'm not 100% sure.

Just a Storm Giant Flatstick as a new bait so far. Plan to pick up a Whopper Plopper for sure at the MN Expo. So being there, you know i won't be able to get out of that place without more than a few.