PDA

View Full Version : Past weekend

johnnyv2727
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Was out this weekend looking for some eye's but only managed some perch. Had 5 people out Friday and Saturday and 2 of us on Sunday. Caught the most fish on Friday in all the wind and marked fish all day (well we only stuck it out till 1 or 2). Sautrday we marked some fish but no takers. Both days we fished south of center reef.

Sunday dad and I fished south of gladstone (on the break out from Gladstone sign/gas station) again marked good numbers of fish but no takers. Just before dark I even had one come off the bottom (32ft) and I jigged hard and had the fish follow up to 18ft before it took off. Tried Raps of all sizes and colors, same with shiver minnows, slender spoons, and swedish pimples.

We'll be up again this weekend to try it again...

muskie54
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Must have been hit or miss. I was with 2 other guys and we had 8 legal walleyes on sat with 5 jumbo perch. Sunday was a bit slower, but we still managed 4 legal walleyes and 3 jumbo perch. We had several throw-backs on both days. All our fish were on #5 raps- black/silver and metallic purple worked for us. None of our eyes were big though-but good eaters 15.5" to 22". All biters were really aggressive. Jigging really hard a few feet above them seemed to really trip their trigger. If we held the bait still, they would leave. We just jigged right through the bite-most of them enhaled the entire rap. We fished 36 feet of water on the east bank, north of Kipling. Good luck out there, I'll be back in a couple weeks.