PDA

View Full Version : morning bite?

weekend jimmy
02-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I haven't been out in the morning at all this year. What time does the morning bite seem to happen? Right at day-break? or a little later? Also, Is it better deeper or on the reefs in the morning? Any info is greatly appreciated. PM me if you want to. Thanks.

slammer
02-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Hey Jimmy,

I like to fish in the a.m. and get out there and set up before light so things are settled down before the bite. It's just about like fishing in the late afternoon where the bite happens the last hour or so of light. The a.m. bite usually happens within the first hour or two of light. It seems to me like the morning bite lasts longer and can be just as productive as the night bite.
Usually less pressure too. Then just as your about to pack up and leave at 10 or 11 , you might get a surprise fish that can't tell time. And if the fishin really sucks, at least you get to see a beautiful sunrise from the best seat in the house. I've had some pretty good mornings this year and enjoy the a.m. bite just as much as the p.m. Usually it starts a little after daybreak , but it your not set up by then, it's too late. JMO
Slammer!!!