PDA

View Full Version : Barometric Pressure

ttabaleulb
02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
What device, if any, do you guys have with you while you are fishing to monitor the barometric pressure? I'm plannin to keep better track of the pressures this year. I bought an inexpensive device from Cabela's that is supposed to just show the changes in pressure. I figure that is enough to at least start with. Just curious to see what you guys use.

Ivan
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Several years back I bought a little handheld barometer (from Cabelas I think) and used it for the season but got away from it. I wasn't convinced that the thing was accurate at all. It moved too much in a day for me to believe it. There were also times when it would go up or down and based on the weather conditions, I thought it should be moving in the opposite direction. I normally just listen to the local report on my VHF for weather and get the local barometer reading there.

I have wondered about this product at times:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=speedtech+angler's+edge&psj=1&bav=on.1,or.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11389824234325213173&ei=gKBeTcfkJYGglAfI7KywDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCcQ8wIwAg#

Anybody have one of these?

ThreeRiversEsox
02-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah I had an Angler's Edge for a while and it basically drove me crazy because you have to set the latitude/longitude for every different location you visit. I don't go fishing to play with electronics all day.

ttabaleulb
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
LOL I agree, I don't wanna be spending time with too many electronics either. I'm just hopin this one will at least show if there are "big" swings of pressure one way or the other. I figure that should be enough for what I am hoping to correlate. I definitely don't expect this one to have much accuracy in terms of stable readings. Just hopin to see the changes.