PDA

View Full Version : Upper Bay Ice Conditions

pinnowc
02-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm coming up early in the morning to fish the upper bay. I was planning to drive on at Kipling and go straight across to the east shore to the north of Hunter's Point. I know enough to stay away from Saunders and the gap... Can anyone tell me what the ice conditions are on the Upper Bay. I've read the other reports regarding the Gladstone Harbor and south, but what about to the north? I'm planning to drive around with my truck...just makes me a little uneasy when people are starting to talk about walking out or 4-wheelers already. (even though this is south of Gladstone.

Thanks in advance.

YooperTroll
02-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Your best route is to get a report from a local bait bait just before going out. Things can change over night. What's what today might be different tomorrow after we get this high wind all day today.

As of yesterday, a lot of people were still driving out. There were apparently a couple of mishaps, though.

Anymore I wouldn't drive out until stopping in somewhere and getting a report for that particular morning or day you plan on going out. Just makes sense.

I think most people (like me) posting here are erring on the side of caution. I tend to be pretty conservative when it comes to driving on the ice. But that's just me.