PDA

View Full Version : Alice

Bigonfish
02-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Looking for a family vacation spot for this coming summer. I found lots of good info on fishing in the area, however, I couldn't find any general boating info. I would grealty appreciate some info on whether or not Lake Alice is a good cruising lake, is there boat access from Alice to other lakes (Nokomis, Mohowksin, etc.), rivers or channels? Are there lots of hidden dangers like logs or stumps? Any other pointers would be great.

thanks in advance

LAZY IKE
02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Not a great cruising lake, lost of stumps etc. It is part of the river system and no other lakes connect to alice

LAZY IKE
02-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Not a great cruising lake, lost of stumps etc. It is part of the river system and no other lakes connect to alice

supra8795
02-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes there is a lot of stumps on Alice but if you know where your going and follow along in the channel it is a really nice cruising lake. We usually take a cruise up the river when we go up there. Ofcourse we have a pontoon so it makes it a little easier.

Musky Phil
02-28-2011, 05:02 PM
You are better off on a large deep clear lake for cruising. Lake Alice is a mine field of stumps and you will end up wrecking your prop if not your entire lower unit if you are not extremely careful.

stumpwacker
02-28-2011, 09:38 PM
If you stay on the river, its pretty safe, and you have alot of territory from the dam and up the river, about ten miles to Menard island. Stray away, ya, go slow. On the upside, no jetski's on the lake area makes it quiet and relaxing.