PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas (help)

duckiller2
02-15-2011, 12:45 PM
any way to get a Lindy Darter to the bottom faster. Do not really want to change how it moves once it is down there. It sits nice in the water but because of its size it sinks real slow. The bite is normally pretty short time wise and hate to spend half the time sending lures down.

I know that raps and moonshines drop fast and I use them alot just wanted to know about the other also.

tipup_time
02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
use a rap. if the fish are aggressive and getting the lure down fast is priority, then it doesnt really matter what you have on, in my experience.

perch"n"eyes
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
sounds like a lure problem i have often , i can usually catch fish on anything when they are biting , but those certain lures that i have that fall really slow and take longer to get down there are the ones that catch the higher quality of fish or often the bigger fish . But when you add weight to it it takes the action out of the lure and doesnt work as good when weighted ,i say o well i may not catch as many but they are bigger and theres no hesitation when biting it either

jtourangeau
02-15-2011, 09:05 PM
lighter line sinks faster.

BiG ARN
02-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Try some sinkers a couple feet above it. It shouldn't change the action of it........maybe the diameter of area it moves in but the action shouldn't be effected

DLW681
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Is that lure really that special.......Ice Darters!!!!

Sorry i really dislike Lindy Tackle.....

Maybe try adding some lead tape.....

duckiller2
02-16-2011, 03:08 PM
It is not a darter but it is like that in shape and size and weight not sure of the name of this thing. It has a red LED light in side of it that flashes red when in the water. Just wanted to try it and I did last night it worked ok draws fish in but nothing hit it at the time I will fish it tonight again. Never found anything yet to out fish my raps. to each their own I guess. still looking for the magic lure. That is half the fun right?