PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 2-12-2011

walleyemaxx
02-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Slow day for fishing today. I thought it would be good with the weather change. The temps. went up and the barometer went down. Had a light south wind and snow flurries all day, but the Walleyes were not real aggressive. Only caught one walleye and a couple small perch. Had to really work them to get them to even chase.

Used jigging raps and a small jig with wax worms and minnow heads. It took the small jig to catch anything. I had 5 flags on the tip ups, but they all were dropped after they pulled out a bunch of line. I would watch the spindle spin, and when I thought it was time, I would yank to set the hook, but nothing all 5 times. Had fathead minnows on the tip ups. I wanted to scale down thinking it would help. It helped with more flags, but they just aren't aggressive.

tomorrow it is going to be a lot warmer and they are even calling for rain. I drove my truck out today, something I don't like to do. Tomorrow I'm taking my ATV to see if I can get out there. The snow level is high and the slush is starting to mount. I'll have to fish where I can instead of where I want, but I have some ideas of where to go.

Walleyemaxx

ALVW
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Fished a bayou off the Kankakee River in NW Indiana today. First bite of the day my son-in-law had a northern hit a tiny ice jig with beemoth. Lost it at the hole. Caught a bunch of small gills just before dark in about 6 fow on the edge of the main channel. Had 1 flag but it was dropped almost immediately. Nice day to be out, slush was not as bad as I expected.

Al

JerkyJosh
02-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Fished LCO in that family fish event with not that much luck. Nephews caught about 10-15 perch which was nice but no flags all day. Lots of people, seems like more and more each year. Did not really see many flags by the people fishing close to us either. There was a 29 inch walleye and a 24 1/2 inch walleye that were registered though.

Heading out now to try fishing the Flowage this morning, will report how it goes.

walleyemaxx
02-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the report guys. Fishing sounded slow all over yesterday. I'm headed out in a few minuets to my favorite small lake. I think I can access it. We'll see, if not, it'll be a short day.

Walleyemaxx