PDA

View Full Version : Heading to LBDN Tuesday Morning!

DLW681
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi folks our group of 8 guys called "Team Bruce" will be invading the bay. We will be in search of Eyes, Perch, Burbout, and Whiteys! Staying at Johns rental house on stonigton pt. This is our annual fishing trip in memory of Jeffery Bruce whom was taken from us before his time! R.I.P. Bruizer...... So locals hows the bite? Chris hope you have all the moonshines in stock, we will need to load up are arsenal with new colors! Can't wait to get into Gods Counrty......... "Fish On Team Bruce"

GullyWhoMper
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Finding the bite for perch half way decent still...if you can find them and finagle them to bite you can get into a good group. Eye's are being very picky as I've noticed.. we have a lot of smelt in the area and the walleye's are gorging themselves. I believe Chris is prepared with many different moonshine's to choose from and a good person to get info from.. good luck hope this helps -Corey

DLW681
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Come'on Locals dont be so tight lipped help a fellow fisherman out....over 600 views and 1 reply????

slammer
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey DLW681,
Just got back from 2 weeks in San Diego and haven't been on the ice for 2 weeks , so can't give you a recent report. If I were heading out (can't until thursday) I'd be heading for one of the breaks on either the east northern bay or the western southern bay for the morning and evening bite. During midday I would move to the deeper mud flats in search of Mr. Hog with some aggresive jigging and large suckers on tip ups. With 8 guys , you should have a pretty decent spread and cover a pretty good area. Also should be able to get some jumbo perch in the flats. Wigglers , perch eyes and 2-3" minnows should work. If your doing any all nighters , I'd hit some of the shallower water on the reefs . Too many options and not enough time to try them all.
Hope you guys do well and have some luck!!! I think it's pretty damn cool that you are honoring the memory of an old friend that's not here any more!!!
Good luck and be safe !!!
Slammer!!!

weekend jimmy
02-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Me and my two kids (boy 6, girl 3) went out from Kipling. I was looking for perch. We headed north a little piece in 17 FOW. Not one hit on minnows. Caught several little ones. no keepers. spikes on tear drops. The most excitement was when my little girl decided to step into my 10 inch hole!!!! She was cold and scared shit less!!! spent the rest of the time on the van drying off!! Oh well better luck next time and better than sitting in side watching another episode of Dora. LOL

Rich Heffelbower
02-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Great to hear that a father is taking the time to get his children out onto the ice. It is building memories that they will not forget.

YooperTroll
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Me and my two kids (boy 6, girl 3) went out from Kipling. I was looking for perch. We headed north a little piece in 17 FOW. Not one hit on minnows. Caught several little ones. no keepers. spikes on tear drops. The most excitement was when my little girl decided to step into my 10 inch hole!!!! She was cold and scared shit less!!! spent the rest of the time on the van drying off!! Oh well better luck next time and better than sitting in side watching another episode of Dora. LOL

Of all the things I did with my dad (who passed away in 2007), the most vivid memories of those times I went fishing with him. That's out of all the memories--sports, hunting, you name it. And some of my fondest memories are times we didn't even catch anything.

Keep up the good work.

DLW681
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
hi folks sitting near the narrows jiggin my azz off got a 13incher on the darter, thanks for all the killer advice slammer, thanks to all!

"fish on team bruce"

weekend jimmy
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
thanks guys for the moral support. We all know it is very trying on ones patients to take the little ones out fishing. Between the tangled lines and my son asking to switch lures every 5 minutes doesn't make it easy. But since when is anything worth fighting for easy. Good luck out there guys.