PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

pinnowc
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Fished the upper bay on Sunday. We started on the hump to the south of Center Reer and had a couple flags and couple misses on the jig poles right away in the morning then we stopped marking fish. Moved futher to the south along the east break line...pull my 7" sucker right out of the mouth of a fish on a tip-up in the first 5 minutes in the new spot. Marked a lot of small perch, but they were pretty negative and we only got a couple to hit. Did have a sucker on one of the other tip ups that was pretty well chewed up, but the fish never tripped the flag. Moved again up to the 25 foot area to the south and west of Center Reef to finish out the day and manage a couple keeper perch and a few misses on the jig poles. Tip-ups were dead in this area without any flags.

Travel conditions were awesome and we could go wherever we wanted. Ice depths ranged from 16-19".

I'm hoping the catching is a little better on the 19th when I come up for another day trip run and again on the 25th thru 28th for our long weekend of fishing.