PDA

View Full Version : weekend walleye report. moonshine jigging spoons

maddyice
01-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Fished both saturday and sunday this weekend south of gladstone and ended up with a few nice eyes. Saturday i caught 6 walleye one of which was 31.5 inches and weighed 12.2 pounds. I released the fish with hopes that I will get him again at 32.5 inches long. 4 fish I kepted that were good eating size and I also released a second fish that probly weighed around 7 pounds. all of my fish were caught on 1/2 ounce moonshine jigging spoons tipped with a minnow. Yellow tail and razorburn were the colors that worked the best.

Sunday morning seemed to be a little slower in the areas I was fishing. I didn't even seem to mark any. i moved about 10 times and only picked up 2 fish in the morning plus one undersize. one keeper came on razorburn jigging spoon and 2 other fish came on atomic trout shiver minnow in size 1.

rph
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM
do you have any pics

Mike P
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Congratulations on your big fish! I have to tell you it's refreshing to see an accurate report your sharing with everyone,and even more refreshing to see you are an advocate of "catch and release". Thanks.