PDA

View Full Version : Ramps open?

smalliefisherman
01-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Are paul ice or the marina ramps open?

Chad Cain
01-28-2011, 01:08 PM
As of today, January 28th, the Paul Ice ramp is completely frozen and the marina ramp is only partially open, and it looked like the whole lake was iced over.

Nick W
01-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Does anyone remember when open ice last year was fishable? And also it great seeing you all at the show. Thanks Scott for the help and wish you the best this year on the trail. I think this winter is simular to last year and maybe we can gage ice out to that. Lets just hope the fishing will be better!

SEMOmike
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I fished there Sat., there was a little ice at the main marina, but nothing to get excited about. I'm assuming after Sunday most of the ice cleared off of the main marina ramp area. Most of the coves had ice in them, but the main lake side of most main lake coves were free of ice. The big main lake cove that runs back to the no wake area had some ice in spots, I broke a little ice to see what was back there, but only ran into more ice after a little bit of open water. Water temp. was 34-36 degrees. I went crappie fishing and did pretty good. This rain we are supposed to get this week will do a lot to get rid of most of the ice in the back of the coves, supposed to get over an inch, but cold weather is coming behind it for a couple of days.

hawkeye9
02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
How's the water level? Is the North End No Wake still incredibly low? Does the ramp look like it will be accessible early Spring or will it still require some heavy Spring rains?