PDA

View Full Version : Report

duckiller2
01-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Fished Sat. evening and skunked for the first this year. Skipped Sun. and fished Mon and Tues Evenings. Monday 2 keepers and 6 fish total. tues. 2 keepers and 3 fish total. Which leads me to skipping Sunday night. On my GPS there is a Hunt and Fish option that gives the Best time for the day and good times for the day. It also says if it will be Exellent, Good, Normal or Poor for that day. I have tracked it for every time out this year. Not using the times to fish during the day Just the over all day as listed

12-17 Normal 8 fish
12-18 Good 11 fish
12-20 Ex 9 fish
12-21 Good 5 fish
12-30 Normal 1 fish
1-2 good 3 fish
1-5 Good 8 fish
1-12 Normal 3 fish
1-16 Normal 1 Fish
1-20 Good 5 fish
1-21 Normal 1 Fish
1-22 Poor 0 Fish
1-23 Poor STAYED Home
1-24 Normal 6 Fish
1-25 Normal 3 Fish

A little bit of a pattern is starting to show up Not the gosple but kind of a fun tool to use

If I need to stay home a night might as well make it when it says poor fishing Has any buddy else ever tracked this?

darter
01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I just bought one and will use it for the first time tomorrow.........havent checked but hopefully it will say excellent......I plan to move around quite abit untill I find fish, then I plan to force feed them.......

Capt. Chris
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
I'd be interested if you could overlay the moon phase with the times you fished. Could be interesting.

tipup_time
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
full and new moons are always excellent on that type of predictor,,mine does the same.

duckiller2
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I alway fish from 3:30 or 4 till 6ish because of work I do not get out much in the mornings I did this a.m. for 45 min today but marked some perch caught zippo

Capt. Chris
01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Just quickly looking over moon charts and times, there seems to be some consistencies. The few days building into the full moon were good for you, and your fishing times correlated with the moon rise time. The days around no moon were also some better days, and your fishing time correlated with the moon set time.

If this holds true, your next sunset hot bites should be on Feb 2-4 (no moon) and Feb 15-18 (days building into full moon). Times seem to advance a little this month, so if you could stick it out for another hour or so, it may help.

Course, this is just a guess.

duckiller2
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
On the GPS the next Good day is Jan 31 so we'll see if it holds. Last night caught 3 fish and they shut down by 5:50 left by 6 and went to a another shack to talk to some guys stayed there till 6:30 and nothing was happening They said things kind of shut down at around 5:45ish. Would love to stay if it produced anything but I have over the years and never sees worth it.

jtourangeau
01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
There is a similar theory in the hunting world also.Moon phases,under foot,over foot.Bolth trying to point out ''active times''.I sometimes wonder if it also affects humans in the same way. It seems like when she calls I,m getting bit....or,,,,how many times have you reached for a sandwitch ,and a flag goes up, or a board goes back!

Capt. Chris
01-27-2011, 10:48 PM
I really don't know what to think of it all. My biggest theory is what I call "ass time". In the blind, in the shack, on the boat... it's all about the amount of time your doing it. You'll never catch that fish or get that deer if your laying in bed or sitting at the bar. You need to put in some "ass time" to build credits for success.

packrat
01-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Hey if you want to check out a more detailed chart. Check out the soluar chart on Walleye Central has major and minor best times and moon phase. And can be set to where you fish. One stipulation you have to register to view and if you like print off a chart it gives you a whole month on a chart.

BiG ARN
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree 100% about having to put in some ass time!

crazyeyes
01-28-2011, 04:23 PM
There is a similar theory in the hunting world also.Moon phases,under foot,over foot.Bolth trying to point out ''active times''.I sometimes wonder if it also affects humans in the same way. It seems like when she calls I,m getting bit....or,,,,how many times have you reached for a sandwitch ,and a flag goes up, or a board goes back!

I've seen JT spit half a sandwish to yell FISH before