PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tarpon Tour

Red Childress
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Has anyone been watching the PTTS on WFN? If you haven't, start now.

These guys are hooking up with 120-200 pound tarpon and chasing them down with their outboards running! It is much different than the typical sight fishing techniques in shallow water. A couple dozen boats sit on top of the schools and it is not uncommon for all the boats to have simultaneous hook-ups....plenty of airborne fish flying around and sometimes the fish will land against other boats. Cool stuff.

The Championship is next weekend so set your DVR's. Show times are usually 9:30am, 10:00am, 12:00am and 4:30pm.

lowbidder
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't get FWN, but i get what is called the "Sportsmans' Channel". It a good channel for variety.

I was watching a Tarpon fishing show the other night and the guy was fighting this huge tarpon when it came up next to the boat, went airborne and landed in the water on the other side of the boat (He was fishing from the bow). Just plain incredible.

Watched another one "Bill Dance Saltwater"... they were catching tarpon from 25# to 150# in Ft. Lauderdale right in between the boat slips of a huge marina. Trolling bait. It was funny when the guide hooked into a monster and started barking at Bill Dance to throw the boat in reverse!

That is something I have got to do sooner than later.

ppalko
01-24-2011, 12:08 AM
That was Larry dalberg I think and those fish were insane!

lowbidder
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
That sounds right... I do remember they were fishing in Columbia.